Morgan Kopitsky hosted our Zoom meeting to plan for the Summer Send-OFF on July 16th. She showed us what she planned to do during the Zoom event. She plans on break out rooms, a trivia game, introduction of each student present, a pop in guest suprise, and the drawing of names for the scholarships that we will be giving away.
On May 9, 2019 the Great River Tigers Alumni Association met in Quincy, Illinois at the Patio. Morgan Kopitsky from the Alumni Association was present.
The following happened at the meeting::
- The scholarship committee reported that they had chosen 4 incoming freshman and 3 returning students for merit scholarships.
- Members of the board volunteered to write congratulatory notes to graduating seniors.
- Plans were made for July 26th student summer send off. Fundraising, scholarships, and a speaker were discussed.
The Great River Tigers met at the Plaza in Quincy for a board meeting. Gunnar Johanson, our liason from the alumni association, was in attendance.
Items discussed at the meeting included:
- Holding a watch party on February 25 at 3 pm at the Hy-Vee on Harrison for the girls’ game against Texas A&M
- Forming a committee to determine scholarship winners
- Discussing the speaker for the Summer Send Off on July 27
- Deciding to participate in Giving Day 2018